The department of student support services is one of the administrative department, responsible for the students' ideological and political education and daily management of students affairs, whose core responsibilities are listed as follows :
1. Responsible for drafting and implementing the work plan of students’ ideological and political education and rules and regulations of students’ management.
2. Responsible for the team construction and management of instructors and class teachers.
3. Responsible for the construction of students' academic regulation and civilized dormitory environment.
4. Responsible for the students' psychological education and psychological crisis intervention.
5. Responsible for implementing the annual university recruitment plan, performing the job duties in recruitment advertising, student admission and academic qualification check.
6. Responsible for services, such as students’ career development, business guidance, analysis of alumni career development.
7. Responsible for the regulation and management of the subsidization for deprived students, and the implementation of students’ scholarship, loan, grant, subsidization and tuition deduction works.
8. Responsible for the daily education and management of students, and also deal with student complaints in order to guarantee the legitimate rights and interests of students.
9. Responsible for launching and improving the evaluation and incentive mechanism of students' comprehensive competences, and carrying out the evaluation process and reward-and-punishment work.
10. Responsible for the daily routines of the Admission Office, Career Development and Employment Guidance Office, and
11. Responsible for the transfer and services of student archival documents.
12. Responsible for enhancing the informatization process of the department, performing the collection, organization and transfer duties of departmental archives.
13. Responsible for fulfilling other tasks assigned by the relevant departments in the university and School Broad.